this exam is in italian Queer couse.
there are 3 questions. I just reviews as some paragraphs. There is no forms
1) First one is about Dante Alighieri’s Inferno, Canto XV
I read this article. this is good but I need review.
2) Second one is Caravaggio’s painting “Youth with a
I found this link. https://www.caravaggio.org/youth-with-a-ram.jsp
you can also search for this painting
3) Last one is movie review but not whole movie. just 15:00 to 18:00
this is a link for movie.
1) In two to three well written paragraphs analyze and discuss the following quote from
Dante Alighieri’s Inferno, Canto XV:
That spirit having stretched out his arm toward me,
I fixed my eyes upon his baked, brown features,
so that the scorching of his face could not
prevent my mind from recognizing him;
and lowering my face to see his face,
I answered him: “Are you here, Ser Brunetto?”
And he: “My son, do not mind if Brunetto
Latino lingers for a while with you
and lets the file he’s with pass on ahead.”
I said: “With all my strength I pray you, stay;
and if you ‘d have me rest awhile with you,
I shall, if that please him with whom I go.” (Inferno, XV: 25-36)
What is happening in this canto? Who is Brunetto Latini and what was his relationship
to Dante? Discuss the positioning of the two men and how that reflects their current
status as opposed to their previous status on earth. How is the concept of pederasty
reflected in the characters of this canto?
2) Analyze and discuss the following painting by Caravaggio entitled “Youth with a
Ram.” What does the ram symbolize? What may the boy’s pose suggest?
Discuss the position of his body and his legs. How does Caravaggio use light in the
composition to guide the viewer’s gaze?
3) Rewatch the coming out scene in (Mine vaganti) Loose Cannons (15:00 to 18:00).
Discuss the venue which Antonio chooses to come out to his family. What is the
reaction of these specific characters: his father, his mother, his grandmother, and his
(If the link does not work view the scene on Youtube.)