Stata Software Needed
Final Project: the determinates of student’s attendance rate
The EDUCATION dataset contains data from 1044 public school districts in Texas. The dataset instruction file explains this dataset and the variables. Use the EDUCATION dataset to answer this research question: what are the determinants for student’s attendance rate? Present your research results in a research report. The research report should consist of five parts:
• Part 1: introduction (1 page max)
State your research question, your motivation, and potential contributions (That is, why do you want to conduct this study).
• Part 2: Literature review (2 pages max)
Review 5-7 articles (at least one literature per one independent variables) that are related to your dependent variables and independent variables. Summarize what do they find and whether results are significant.
Describe how you are informed by prior studies.
State your hypotheses.
• Part 3: Data and method (2 pages max)
Define your dependent variables and independent variables. Provide details of how the variables are constructed/operationalized.
Describe the dataset you use for this study.
State the methods you used for analysis.
• Part 4: Results and discussion (4 pages max)
Provide descriptive statistics of dependent variables and independent variables.
Present regression results and interpretation.
Regression diagnostic tests and corrections.
• Part 5: Conclusion (1 page max)
Summarize your main findings, the limitations of the study, and questions for future studies.
• You should use the student’s attendance rate as the dependent variable and include at least five independent variables in the regression.
• The articles you cited to support your choice of variables and your hypotheses can be from research articles, research reports, or newspaper articles. If you cite newspaper articles, you should note that the evidence is anecdotal.
• You should present your regression results in a result table and use *, **, and *** to indicate significance levels (using outreg2 command).
• Regression diagnostic tests should address issues of normality of error terms, heteroscedasticity, linear relationship between dependent and independent variables, and multicollinearity. Finish the tests in Stata and summarize your results. No need to directly paste the test results from Stata. If you find issues, provide solutions. If solutions are not possible, discuss about the issue as limitation of the study.
• Maximum length: 10 pages (single-spaced) including tables and graphs.
• Add reference list at the end.
Stata Software Needed