Share your thoughts on the feasibility of bringing this framework to Min
neapolis and/or St Paul.
1. What is required to enable a smart city?
2. Is this something that would be beneficial for Minnesota?
3. What are the challenges specific to the twin cities?
4. What aspects of the twin cities is Smart at this time?
A smart city is a framework, predominantly composes of information and Communication Technologies (ICT), to develop, deploy, and promote sustainable development practices to address growing urbanization challenges.
How Smart Cities Work
Smart cities follow four steps to improve the quality of life and enable economic growth through a network of connected IoT devices and other technologies. These steps are as follows:
1. Collection – Smart sensors gather real-time data
2. Analysis – The data is analyzed to gain insights into the operation of city services and operations
3. Communication – The results of the data analysis are communicated to decision makers
4. Action – Action is taken to improve operations, manage assets and improve the quality of city life for the residents