Your partner in Aerospace Drones is a service-disabled Iraq war veteran. You recently learned about a federal acquisition rule allowing agencies to provide sole-source and set-aside contracts to service-disabled, veteran-owned small businesses. This means agencies must devote three percent of their spending to these qualified small-business owners, a goal set by Congress. While your partner has majority (51 percent) ownership in the company, you are responsible for federal contract administration and oversight. You were recently alerted to an Energy Department RFP for drones needed for geo mapping. Now you must reply to a U.S. General Services Administration (GSA) schedules solicitation for your products. To prepare for this, you must write at 3–4 page preliminary report for your partner and senior management that details the following:
Describe the electronic data interchange (EDI) or electronic submission processes and the security measures present in this approach, including the advantages over classic paper solicitations.
1. Analyze whether your company has as much of a chance of having its bid accepted as a much larger corporation by comparing the advantages of being a small company over being a larger firm (for example, Boeing) in terms of contract administration and management.
2. Explain how you would negotiate during the contract award process once your solicitation is accepted.
3. Determine the value of your most favored customer or class of customers to GSA including an analysis of its impact on your small business.
4. Assess the different marketing methods used to market to the federal government by selecting the three most effective methods you would use to market your product or service to the U.S. government. Provide a rationale for your selection.
5. Use three sources to support your writing. Choose sources that are credible, relevant, and appropriate. Cite each source listed on your source page at least one time within your assignment. For help with research, writing, and citation, access the library or review library guides.