The substance given up is alcohol.
This paper should be THREE double spaced pages on your reflection of your experience over the last 28 days of giving up your chosen substance/behavior. You will need to follow the grading rubric attached and answer the questions within your paper, while connecting it to the course material (i.e. class readings, class lectures and videos). This paper is worth 80 points and is due by Sunday March 6th, 11:59PM.. If you reference material please make sure to create a reference page and cite the information. This paper should be in APA style format, including a title page. Please view the resources provided when writing this paper. Below is a helpful website for APA style.
below are questions that should guide you in writing your reflection:
- Describe your experience:
- Identify your chosen substance/behavior. (include any modifications or stipulations; i.e. fast food is anywhere with a drive thru).
- What cravings, triggers, and/or changes in mood did you experience?
- Discuss any relapses you experienced.
- What caused problems in your recovery?
- What helped you in your recovery?
- Relate your experience to what you have learned:
- How was your experience similar or different to real recovery/addiction?
- How did your experience relate to the Six Essentials? (use 3 or more concepts)
- How did your experience relate to other course material (e.g. class readings, lectures or videos)? (At least 1 concept besides Six Essentials)
- How have your views changed:
- Discuss how your views about addiction and recovery have changed or stayed the same after this experience?
- What has changed for you personally through participating in this experience?
- Connect how those changes relate to course material.